Premier Auto and RV are currently seeking a Body Shop-Paint Technician that will repair or replace damaged body parts back to factory and dealership specifications. Quality repairs need to meet or exceed the original factory finish. The end result should be an invisible repair.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
-Review each repair order, work order, and estimator's notes to understand repairs needed prior to beginning work on the vehicle.
- All repairs must be completed according to the documentation on the repair order or the supplement.
- Knowledge of the manufacturer's and technical repair process.
- Ability to use frame and measuring equipment per vendor procedures.
- Perform initial tear-down of vehicle.
- Identify parts for cut-in and edging.
- Perform all repair procedures according to factory specifications and company policy.
- Perform and sign-off on all quality checks before sending vehicles to the paint department.
- Reassemble painted vehicles and painted parts.
- Perform a final quality check and review of work order prior to sending the vehicle to the detail department. Inspect refinish products to be used for proper formulation to meet the color match and finish texture standards
- Mix refinished products (primer, base, and clear) in amounts required to cover the designated area
- Ensure the area to be used for application is properly vented
- Clean and maintain all paint formulation and spray application equipment and maintain paint and storage areas
- Ensure adequate supply of refinishing products to meet production requirements
- Follow all applicable safety and health procedures
-Perform other job-related duties as directed by supervisor
- Certificate automotive paint preparation and application preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard or automatic transmission.
- Experience 5 years automotive painting experience preferred
- Availability to work in excess of 40 hours a week.
- Flexibility to cover changing work schedules as needed.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, reach, climb stairs, push and pull.
- Ability to be exposed to varying weather conditions including heat and humidity, as well as cold temperatures. Environmental factors may include noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, and/or other materials.
- Must be able to stand/walk for at least 8 hours a day.
Must be able to pass a Drug, Background, and have a clean valid Drivers License.
Hook up Gooseneck trailers and drive large RVs, Trailers, and Diesel.
Health, Vision, Dental, Accidental, & Life Insurance
We promote a drug-free work environment
Apply online or stop by the office to complete an application.
Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.