Commercial Refrigeration Service Tech - Up to $46 per hour! (Colorado Springs, CO)
compensation: $28 to $46 per hour, DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Victory is looking for energetic, hard-working team players who would like to learn or expand their skills in Refrigeration. Our long-term customers are some of the most well recognized and respected supermarkets in the industry. We will develop and train those with a great attitude and aptitude for technical problem solving, to bring their skills to the next level. Refrigeration Technicians must complete various tasks pertaining to the repair, maintenance and operation of refrigeration systems.
A primary responsibility of a Refrigeration Technician is to diagnose problems and make repairs to existing equipment as part of refrigeration service calls to local grocery stores, convenience stores and refrigerated warehouses. Refrigeration Technicians apply troubleshooting methods, replace parts and run tests to ensure the systems is working properly following repairs. They also upgrade systems to satisfy new regulations or meet new standards.
Maintain Existing Refrigeration Systems
Performing preventative maintenance on refrigeration systems is another primary duty of a Refrigeration Technician. This entails following a checklist of parts and operations that need to be tested during a routine inspection of existing equipment, such as compressors, condensers, electrical connections and motor operations.
Refrigeration Technician Skills
To be successful in this position, Refrigeration Technicians must possess strong customer service, communication, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Technicians must be committed to following all customer and Victory safety policies and practices, for the health of wellness of everyone. They should have the ability to work both independently and in teams as needed. Good math, communication and basic computer skills are also essential for Refrigeration Technicians. They should be in good physical condition, as this job will require that they lift and carry equipment and stand, kneel or stoop for long periods of time.
· Understanding the operations of commercial and residential refrigeration systems
· Diagnosing malfunctions and defects in equipment
· Reading blueprints and electrical and electronic schematics
· Grasping electrical and plumbing concepts
· Operating tools, gauges and other testing equipment for refrigeration systems
· Must possess strong analytical problem solving and organizational skills.
· Must be able to work both independently and in teams as needed.
· Good math, computer, and basic computer skills
· Good physical condition.
· Requires lifting and carrying equipment
· Stand, stooping, or kneeling for long periods of time.
· Worked on and repaired food machinery for production inside the facility.
· Keep track and documented building room temperatures as well as other maintenance necessities.
· Operated scissor lift, forklifts, ride on jacks, and battery changer for forklifts when necessary.
· Performed numerous general maintenance task and helped work on any other facility need