QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking for a position where you can put your problem solving and mechanical skills to good use? A place where you can be responsible for inspection, repair and general maintenance of hydraulic and mechanical equipment including boilers and piping systems? If so, we'd love to talk to you! We are looking to add an experienced Maintenance Technician to our team to help improve overall workflow of our electronic chemical plant.
Day to day tasks:
- Responds to operational needs of daily manufacturing as assigned. Stocks inventory of various parts, responsible for general housekeeping in work area.
- Performs preventative & corrective maintenance on equipment, assists in establishing and maintaining equipment files.
- Repairs and aligns rotating equipment including, but not limited to, hydraulic systems, pumps, compressors, chiller units and wet air scrubber units.
- Repairs, troubleshoots, upgrades, and calibrates various equipment and devices used by Company including boilers, HVAC resets & able to wire motor’s 480 volts and below.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems using amp meters & general knowledge of PLC’s for packaging equipment including AC/DC low voltage systems I/O control systems.
- Trains regularly on all Federal, state and local environmental regulations, requirements and guidelines including, but not limited to, RCRA requirements; follows and adheres to all guidelines, regulations, and requirements
- Stays current on various tank and piping standards for high purity chemicals systems
- Welding knowledge of metal and plastic piping systems needed for installs and repairs.
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of EH&S principles and values; and champions safety as necessary
- Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position
- 8 years experience in production manufacturing operations preferred
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Electrical troubleshooting of equipment needed using amp meters and working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC controls for all types of equipment in the plant
- Boiler/steam system experience - maintenance, operation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of packaging conveyors bother operational and troubleshooting (with PLC preferred)
- Experience with rotating equipment including wet scrubbers and pumps and waste water operations
- Ability to read P&ID drawings for plant modification as needed
- Plumbing/pipefitting experience with PFA, PVDF/Kynar and Teflon high purity preferred
- Experience driving forklifts and limited troubleshooting ability
- Working knowledge of Lock out & Tag out for equipment safety required
- Welding knowledge of metal and plastic piping systems needed for installs & repairs
- Must be able to work varying and/or rotating shifts
- Currently working 12 hour shifts (6am-6pm), expect to return to 4/10 schedule post COVID
- Chemical plant environment
- $30+ per hour DOE
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk (sometimes over long distances), crawl, sit, speak and hear. The employee is required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; the employee will be required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee will be required to climb ladders and storage tanks up to 50' in height. The employee will be required to enter confined spaces and crawl under rail cars or trucks. The employee will lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
At CMC, we offer
A sense of belonging within a Global Organization and a way to connect to people around the world. With this, employees have a competitive salary plus a performance-based bonus, a chance to invest in your future with a 401k plan with a generous employer match and a Stock Purchase Plan that lets you be a part of our success. You will have medical, dental, vision and other insurance beginning on day one. Our employees take advantage of generous paid time off & a Parental Leave Program. For your future and ours there is an Educational Training and Assistance program for you to continue to grow.
We know that diversity leads to better teams, better performance and better results. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please apply online with CMC at: https://cmc.hiringthing.com/job/202278/maintenance-technician?s=cl