compensation:16.00 to 18.00 an hour DOE and Abilities
job title:Machine Shop Assistant
QR Code Link to This Post
The Machine Shop Assistant is an entry-level position helping out as needed in various departments, functions and tasks within our machine shop. This position is a great starting point for those who want to work their way up in the industry!
Your opportunity to learn is only limited by your own desire to expand your knowledge and skills. You'll have the opportunity to learn about the manufacturing process, from material management, debur & small parts assembly to CNC machine support, heat treating, packaging and shipping of parts. While learning, you'll also perform less technical tasks, such as parts stock cut and prep and keeping the shop area organized and clean. Perform building maintenance, shipping and receiving, small mechanical repairs, and project support for various departments and team members.
• Perform machine shop support functions
• Parts deburring and finishing
• Mechanical and electronic assembly
• Read and interpret engineering drawings
• Operate basic shop equipment
• Cut and prepare material and load into machines
• Maintain shop for cleanliness
• Shipping and receiving duties
• Computer literate
• Aid Machinist
• Deliver of Parts/clean driver’s License/record
• Ability to follow safety and maintenance procedures while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
• capable of taking direction from multiple individuals and communicating clearly around multiple tasks and priorities
• Other duties as assigned
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.