compensation: DOE $22-24hr for general set up, more skills=more $$$$
QR Code Link to This Post
Experienced A/V Techs Wanted for Events Colorado Springs and Denver. Possible Addition to On-call Roster
Stagecraft LTD is seeking an Audio/Visual Technicians for an upcoming event in Colorado Springs. Candidates should have a minimum of one year experience in the unloading, staging, assembling, troubleshooting, operating, disassembling and loading out of projection equipment, sound systems and modern screen technology. This is a temporary position that could lead to a promotion onto our permanent on-call roster of A/V Technicians. Positions include: General set up AV techs for General Sessions and Breakout rooms, Floaters, Audio, Video, Scenic Carpenters and Rigging.
Please Apply If:
• You are a communication-oriented team player. The A/V Tech must be highly attuned to the specific parameters of any given job based on the wishes of the client. Meaning that you can be personable and accommodating while adhering to stringent production schedules.
• You enjoy a challenging work environment surrounded by a team of dynamic individuals. Successful live event production requires people who can think on their feet and create solutions mid-stride.
The founders of Stagecraft LTD combine 40+ years of production experience in Colorado to create an event labor company focused on effective communication and quality workmanship. We provide responsible, professional, hardworking crews for concerts, festivals, theatrical productions, exhibitions, meetings, presentations, conferences and competitive events across the Front Range.
The Audio/Visual Technician is concerned with the successful projection of images and broadcasting of sound within a live event. Depending on event scale, hirees may be involved in a specified department or overseeing every aspect of the above. The A/V Tech must be able to lift up to 80 lbs and move up to 110 lbs with the help of another crew member. This position requires manual unloading of equipment from vehicles, assembling of projectors and screens and operating of state-of-the-art sound boards, microphones, laptops, tablets and remote units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate with clients, artists, venue operators, production managers and job leads to gain full understanding of event scale and audio/visual parameters and capacities.
• Communicate with co-workers and project leads. This means that you must have a functional cell phone and email account -- both of which you are in touch with frequently.
• Map out and execute safe, effective runs for A/V cables going from monitors, speakers and projectors to sound consoles and power sources.
• You must be able to work on consecutive weekend nights.
• You must be able to show up on time via reliable transportation (in this business that means 10 minutes early).
Required Traits and Skills:
• Ability to work as a team player. This means you must quickly adapt to changes while observing a superior work ethic. You will be joining an established team of professionals, so being able to take on a teamwork mindset is key.
• Ability to problem-solve and multi-task. This position requires the aptitude of a juggler -- in that you will be handling several tasks and concerns at once. You must be able to delineate one from another, to complete each task and to delegate when circumstances are appropriate.
• It is important that candidates possess an inherent sense of responsibility. The A/V Tech plays a large role in the overall experience of the attendees of an event. The ability to remain calm and focused in challenging situations and to maintain a professional demeanor at all times is absolutely crucial.
• Ability to read floor plans, blueprints and wiring diagrams.
• Ability to operate (or aptitude to learn about) rigging, forklift and scissor lift.
• Detailed knowledge of latest tech in audio, video, lighting, rigging, staging and cameras.
• Minimum of one year experience operating A/V equipment in a live event production capacity.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills -- especially the ability to effectively listen to clients, artists and coworkers.
What Makes This Opportunity Unique:
• Stagecraft LTD recruits personnel as employees rather than independent contractors. This provides tax advantages as well as the benefits of full-coverage workman’s compensation insurance.
• Stagecraft LTD is owned and operated by seasoned professionals who are proficient in every aspect of live event production. Events are opportunities to acquire new skills, share information, make connections in the industry and gain access to future employment opportunities.
****Go to Stagecraftltd.com and fill out application under Employment Section*******
Stagecraft LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers