compensation: $18-$20 hr to start DOE, more skills=more $$$$, OT after 8, 5hr mini
QR Code Link to This Post
Experienced Stagehands Wanted for Upcoming Events in Colorado Springs and Possible Addition to On-call Roster
Stagecraft LTD is seeking a qualified stagehand for events in the Colorado Springs and Denver. Candidates should be experienced professionals with a built-in passion for working live events. This temporary position could possibly lead to long-term placement with our team of qualified technicians. We have lots of opportunities for all sort of positions, including: Scenic Carpenters, Audio, Lighting, Rigging, Video and Av Techs and general stagehands.
Please Apply If
• You are looking for an opportunity to put your production skills to use for a company that values and rewards hard work.
• You possess the willingness to learn, take direction and work as a team player.
****Go to Stagecraftltd.com and fill out an application under Employment section****
The founders of Stagecraft LTD combine 40+ years of production experience in Colorado to create an event labor company focused on effective communication and quality workmanship. We provide responsible, professional, hardworking crews for concerts, festivals, theatrical productions, exhibitions and competitive events across the Front Range.
The Stagehand is crucial to every equipment-based aspect of a live event. These include and are not limited to stage components, lighting equipment, sound system gear, backline, video and backdrop scenery. This equipment must be must be delivered, unloaded, assembled, arranged, operated, repaired, replaced, maintained, dismantled, striked and loaded out in an efficient, orderly manner.
You will be handling various configurations of the above items before, during and after concerts, festivals, theatrical productions, exhibitions, competitive events and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Meet with project lead and receive instructions, tasks and assignments.
• Unload equipment from trucks, vans and trailers and transport to the appropriate staging areas.
• Assemble lighting trusses, hang lighting fixtures, run all power and control cables.
• Assemble ground support systems, stages, trusses and scaffolding.
• Position speakers, side fills and monitors.
• Conduct secure and safe runs for power, XLR, monitor and main cables to and from snake, sound board and main power inputs as directed.
• Assemble and install background scenery, artistic props, lighting screens, design elements and upstage banners.
• Upon completion of event, strike and disassemble all equipment, pack into appropriate cases and load back into delivery and/or touring vehicles.
• During event, work as stage crew, spotlight operator or assistant to audio, video, lighting departments heads and stage manager as needed.
Required Traits and Skills:
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time as well as crouch, crawl, climb, sit, walk and kneel.
• A fundamental grasp on common sense and the willingness to utilize it through problem solving and good judgement.
• A thorough understanding of standard safety requirements and protocols.
• Ability to operate motorized equipment such as forklifts and scissor lifts as well as hand-held power tools such as drills, screw guns, saws and the like.
• Capability with audio/visual equipment is a plus -- including projectors, screens, small audio systems.
• Must be able to stay on task in the midst of interruptions, noise, visual distractions and inclement weather.
• Ability to maintain composure under tight deadlines and time constraints.
• Integrity to stay on task in the absence of supervision.
• Flexibility to work in remote locations during unconventional times (overnight shifts) and extended periods.
• Ability to respond to work calls with minimal notice and to arrive to event site on time.
• One year of related experience in professional live event production preferred.
• Basic skills in carpentry, electrical or audio engineering.
What Makes This Opportunity Unique:
• Stagecraft LTD recruits personnel as employees rather than independent contractors. This provides tax advantages as well as the benefits of full-coverage workman’s compensation insurance.
• Stagecraft LTD is owned and operated by seasoned professionals who are proficient in every aspect of live event production. Events are opportunities to acquire new skills, share information, make connections in the industry and gain access to future employment opportunities.
Pay varies according to experience, certifications and job type. Starting pay for general stagehands is $18 with related experience, to $20 with on the job experience. Please include resume. More skills= more money.
Go to Stagecraftltd.com and fill out an application under Employment section
Stagecraft LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers