VIN: JM1NB353XX0132116 condition: good cylinders: 4 cylinders drive: rwd fuel: gas odometer: 60600 paint color: blue size: compact title status: clean transmission: manual type: convertible
QR Code Link to This Post
I am regrettably selling my wonderful 10AE Miata to fund other life goals. This car is a blast to drive and has been outfitted with tasteful modifications while retaining the spirit and integrity of this pure vehicle. Note that the car was not washed when the pictures were taken and I failed to take a pic with the top up. I assure you the black top is in great shape and will try to remember to add a picture. What follows is an honest description of the car and hides nothing. I am happy to take additional pictures for serious buyers.
The 10th Anniversary Edition upgraded the transmission to a 6-speed, not otherwise available in 99. It included a torsen limited slip differential. It also included lowered suspension all around with Bilstein dampers. Finally, it included a unique paint color with matching carpet and mats, matching shift boot, matching colored seat inserts, carbon fiber dash trim, Nardi color-matched steering wheel, Nardi shift knob, numbered badging (this one is 3000-something out of 7500 made), and chrome wheels. 99 also saw the upgrade to the 1.8L engine. It also included all available options on the Miata, such as fog lights and cruise control. This is one nice combination of upgrades! The car runs great, does not burn or leak oil, and is a great low-mileage example of this special edition.
- Air Intake/filter (original still available)
- Tasteful Cobalt stainless muffler that sounds and looks great
- Hard Dog roll bar for safety and stiffness
- Kenwood CD stereo with bluetooth phone and media (original Bose stereo and CD player available)
- Clearwater speaker kit (woofers and tweeters)
- Metal shifter bushing
- Mandatory Zoom-Zoom license plate frame
- Shorty antenna to cover hole left by broken power antenna. Amplified hidden antenna installed.
- Sun visors removed and capped. The visors are available.
- Lamin-X headlight and foglight covers/protectors
- Aluminum engine skid plate protector
Maintenance items in the last 10000 to 15000 miles
- New clutch
- Plugs and wires
- Coil pack
- Fuel pump
- Battery (proper OE-style vented AGM)
- Main engine relay
- Front O2 sensor
- New Dunlop tires (about 1000 miles on them)
- Rear diff fluid replaced
- Royal purple oil changes
- Most engine rubber items (eg hoses) replaced
- New top and seals installed (black, not blue like original). Does not leak.
- Rock chips touched up with a Dr Color Chip kit
- Headlights polished
- Passenger seat belt replaced with good used unit (due to fraying)
Known problems (price reflects these issues)
- Rear glass defroster is not hooked up and unknown if it works (never needed it so never worked on it)
- Brakes are getting close to needing new pads
- Numerous small dings and one small dent in the driver's door from a parking lot idiot. Front air dam is pretty scratched up. Steering wheel and shifter show normal wear for a car this age.
- Power windows and locks are slow as is often the case in an older car.
- Cat has been hollowed out due to being clogged (previous bad coil pack) so it throws an O2 sensor code and the CEL remains lit. Code reader indicates no other codes. It probably would not pass an emissions test, but it is easily remedied with a new cat. We don't have smog tests here so I did not have to worry about it.
- Unfortunately none of the special 10AE accessories like the watches came with the car
- Driver's seat has wear and a hole in the leather on the left side bolster, not unlike many cars this age. I will include a leather repair kit with the car.
This no-rust car spent a number of years in Texas in storage with a previous owner, hence the low mileage and the replaced rubber items. My brother bought it from that owner then I bought it from him and drove it cross country to here. I have always stored it in the winter so it has not seen snow or winter salt. It has had no known accidents or evidence of significant damage but does show evidence of repainting on the front left indicating a possible touch-up in a previous life. I have never pulled a Carfax on it.
I am not in a hurry to sell so low-ball offers will not be appreciated or considered. I am NOT open to trades. Clean title is in hand. Cash preferred (no checks), but bank transactions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Test drives only for serious buyers with valid driver's license. Texts or emails are preferred to calls for first contact (I get a lot of spam calls and often will not answer unknown numbers).
I want to put this car in the hands of someone that will enjoy driving it! If you are seriously interested, please contact me soonest as I do not think this car will last long on the market.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers